Our Local History

The Gamma Alpha Sigma Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. was chartered in the Spring of 1951 on May 9th in Cleveland, Ohio by Sigma brothers Howard Wesley, Joseph P. Robinson, Charles Wilson, Barnette Holston and David Branch.

Since the chapters inception, the membership of the Gamma Alpha Sigma chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. have strived, pushed and, achieved many amazing feats in upholding the fraternity’s high ideals and principles of Brotherhood, Scholarship and, Service in Northeastern Ohio.

The Gamma Alpha Sigma chapter is comprised of men from various career backgrounds and serve the community in which we live by means of various events and activities to stimulate personal growth via educational programs, outreach to the youth and giving back to those less fortunate and in need.

The current brothers of the chapter uphold and carry on the legacy of Gamma Alpha Sigma by continuing to be a shining beacon in the name of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. in Cleveland, Ohio and beyond